Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter Everyone

I am still working on the problem with our pictures not being able to down load. So, sorry Kent there is no pictures. Sorry to everyone who may find this blog a bit boring with the details of the week, but its sometimes the only communication I have with Kent to keep him informed about the kids.

Anya had her one year old check up on Friday. She weighs 16lbs. and is 28'' long. Yeah, not a big kid. The doctor said she is healthy though and probably wont ever be big. (SHOCKER.) She was not a happy camper when she got her shots. Who is? Logan never cried when he got his shots he would freak out if they did try to put a band aid on him. Go figure.

For Easter we got together with friends and had the kids dye eggs and had an egg hunt. Afterwards we had a nice dinner. It was fun. The only bad thing was it was rainy so we had the egg hunt in doors. (Don't worry Kent I caught all the important events on the video camera.)

I must confess I have turned into a CNN Junkie and a Glenn Beck listener. I like hearing abt' this whole political debate and what people think about the war. I watched an Anderson Cooper 360 on TV they other night after I put the kids to bed. He had a special on the war, since it has been 5 years since it started. It was interesting to me to hear all the different opinionsof Iraq.and the horror of war and the upside of some of the changes that have taken place. Like, women are now being aloud to vote, and be educated. Many things we take for granted. When the we first invaded Iraq it showed how the American People for the most part supported the war and than as time has gone on how more and more people are protesting the war and many people say we just need to pull all the troops out. (I am not saying anyone who opposes the war is wrong.) I just found the whole special very interesting. I must make another confession if you asked me what I thought about the war a year an half ago I would probably not had much of an opinion but I support the men and women who are willing to serve our country. Now, that my husband and friends that we now have in the military are over there makes me look at everything in a whole different light. I still don't know which one is better to pull out or stay in Iraq. I know that isn't my decision. I can say I am proud, and grateful for the men and women who serve. I want to thank everyone who inquires about Kent and tell me we are in your prayers. We are honored to be making the sacrifice.(Kent is making the sacrifice not me.)

Sorry, about the last random thought but I will leave you on a funny note. This past week Logan was playing pretend play. He said "mom I am going to work." When I asked him were he worked he said "in Iraq with daddy."and I asked him what he did over there he said "mom were in the air force, that's what we do." He said it like I was dumb or something. Got to love kids.



1 comment:

  1. i like this post, it was very insightful! and logan is hilarious, i must admit.

    ReplyDelete