I think we finally have some idea what's going on in our crazy life in the Air Force. As you most of you know Kent is leaving for a 14 to 15 month tour in Iraq on November 4. It came kind of quick we only had 2 months to get ready and get a plan into action. We were both going back and forth whether I should stay here (Washington) or move back home to be closer to family while he is gone. We struggled with what to do for over a month. We fasted and prayed and listened General Conference hoping to find what would be best for our family. Finally when President Monson spoke in closing remarks and he mentioned change and how it is a part of life. I feel like it was something I was waiting to hear. I know something as small as that was an answer to many prayers and many nights of restless sleep.
I guess I was avoiding the unavoidable.Change has to happen; especially being in the military it is our life for now.
At first I thought I might just stay here Logan was already in Pre School and loves it. We have made great friends and I love my calling serving in the Young Women's. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding a place to live and move all of our stuff again. ,However, Kent pointed out that 15 months is along time not to have family support around and when he is done with this tour we wont be coming back to McChord AFB. (Where we are going after that we still don't know we are waiting on orders.) He said his parents have the apartment in their basement that I could rent from them. To make this long story end because I am sure you all are wondering when this babbling will end.
Kents Parents have agreed to let me rent from them and live in their basement apartment. THANK YOU!
They are flying out here on Halloween and helping me drive back with all of our stuff. Thanks to them again they have been a big help.
I am sad to leave behind all the wonderful people that we have gotten to know and become friends with while we have lived here. I guess like President Monson said change is part of life. I am slowly accepting it's becoming a part of mine all to quickly. Thanks to everyone we have had the pleasure of knowing while we were here at McChord AFB. You are our second family.
yeah, change makes me excited and sad at the same time. such a confusing, but unavoidable, thing in our lives. at least lucy and anya will be close and can play a lot!
ReplyDeleteYou make me cry. I'm glad you will be close to family for this time but I'm sure it isn't easy. Good luck with the move and having Kent gone again.
ReplyDelete