Well it's the moment you have all been waiting for... KENT IS HOME! (OK mainly me.) He is through with his 15 month deployment to Iraq. YEAH!!! Last week I got a call from Kent telling me he was flying in to SeaTac Airport in Washington and said he would be there around 11PM. As most of you know I have been living in Utah while he has been gone. I wasn't going to fly out to meet him. He was just going to process in at McChord and fly home to me and the kids when that was through in a couple of weeks. We figured it would be cheaper just to buy him a ticket than to buy all 3 tickets for me and the kids. Our friends were going to pick him up and he would call us when he landed. To make a long story short my friend convinced me(not that it took much convince me) to fly out and surprise him. At 9:40 at night me and the kids are off to Washington to surprise Kent. Are plane landed at 10:50 Seattle time but 11:50 Utah time. Let's just say we were tired and I was just grateful I survived the flight with three kids. It was worth it because when Logan saw his dad he took off running and Kent had no clue. It was a priceless moment and one I wouldn't trade for the world. We than spent the time hanging out with friends and just having a good time. Thanks to them for letting us invade. We are very glad he is home safe and sound and thank you to everyone for all of your prayers and support.
Our friends and us at the airport.

Family reunited.


Kids making cookies.
All the guys playing Wii.

Girls dressing up Anya.

Eating at Red Robbin.
Hip hip hooray! Yahoo! AAAAH! okay, that's all I got. But I am so excited for you guys! It is about time, eh?
ReplyDeleteSorry we missed you while you were here, it was great seeing Kent and Logan at church though! Maybe in the fall! :)
I have been wondering about you and your family all week. I knew it was getting close. I am so glad he is home. What a surprise. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteI like the picture of Mark at the restaurant. And the one of you and Anya there. Welcome home Kent!
ReplyDeleteyay!! I'm so glad he's home! How nice that you get your husband back!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun having you guys! Thanks for posting raunchy pics of me!!haha Hope you guys are enjoying being a family!!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! I am glad Kent is home safe and sound. I am glad you went to surprise him too. I couldn't imagine waiting 3 more weeks so see him, knowing he was in the states. Can't wait to see what awaits for your family.
ReplyDeleteSo glad he is home and you guys look so happy!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou just made me cry! That is such a GREAT story! I am so happy for you to have him back home. YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN! I would fall apart by the end of Mike's two week road trips. I don't know how you did 15 months. Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteHooray!! I am so happy for your whole family. I'm sure it is great to have him home. Thanks Kent for serving us!!
ReplyDelete