Saturday, May 8, 2010

Do you ever?

Do you ever just feel like your stuck in a rut and feel sorry for yourself? Well that has been me for the last few weeks. Feel free to skip this post because I really don't have anything insightful to say.
I guess it started when we received our orders saying we were rejected for Italy. I mean we knew it was coming and we knew that it was a remote base, and they wouldn't be able to have the medical care Anya would need if ever there was an emergency. They gave us Hill because Anya is already seeing a cardiologist here. You are probably thinking isn't that great you get Hill. And don't get me wrong it is but I guess I was ready for a change. Not that I am not happy abt' it. We love our ward we have made some great friends. Logan loves school and has probably made the most friends he's ever had. Family isn't too far away and as much as Kent deploys I know it is for the best. My kids need some stability as much as their dad is gone. Heck so do I.

I really don't know why I am complaining because everything really isn't bad and if Kent decides to make the Air force a career I am sure we are not here to stay and I really need to make the most of where ever we are at. It is true as long as were together as a family(Which hasn't been that way for quite sometime.) then that is all that matters. As I was talking to some friends about my plight I came to realize that no matter where I would be I would basically be doing the same thing that I do here. Raise my kids try to be a good mom and supportive wife. Life really is life and I know you have to make the best of everything because time goes by so fast and I don't want to look back at my life and think I would have been happier if I lived here or if had this ect.. Sometimes( not always)I think the grass is greener somewhere else. I know that is not true.
I know life is really what you make it.

Thanks for letting me vet about nothing and just to let you know I am happy to be here. I got a new calling that I am really enjoying and my kids are happy and healthy and my husband will be home soon. What more could I want.

4 comments:

  1. Hey girlie! Glad you could vent! YOu've been such an example to me, I can't believe how strong you've been through it all!! I couldn't do it! I'm glad you got Hill so that we can see you when we visit Utah!! I'm glad Kent will be back with you guys soon, and hopfully you'll make great memories this year while he is there!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling a "little" bit better about things. Hang in there I like your post. Shirlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that's normal to be disappointed about not moving somewhere exotic after you've been sort of planning on it. i want to some day too. so don't feel too bad about feeling like you're in a rut. sounds like you've got it figured out.

    ReplyDelete