Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lessons learned

Last week I went to my friends little boy's funeral. What an amazing child he was. I have never felt the spirit like I did at his funeral. I mean I feel I am pretty in tuned with the spirit. Not all the time but most of the time. But there was something special about being in his presence. Don't get me wrong it was one of the saddest things to see a tiny coffin and I never want to do that again; everyone else better be really really old. My friends little boy was born with a rare genetic disorder. He never learned to walk or really talk but they spoke about how close he was to the veil his short 5 years on earth. His parents told about lessons they learned from their son. A few were always speak softly, love unconditionally and forgive easily. It made me realize from this special little boy how he had already mastered how we all should be. I don't really know why I am blogging about this probably more for me as a good reminder how I should be. I need to apply these lessons in my life. I feel this is probably why you could feel the spirit so strongly in his presence because he lived a Christ like life everyday. How much better would my life be if I did just what he did. If, I loved unconditionally and forgave easily. My children are great reminders to this. Do we ever notice how innocent children really are. They don't judge others, they're quick to forgive and they love you no matter what. So, I guess in conclusion I need to take lessons from children on how I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment