I must admit I really haven't been in the mood this year for the holidays. Which isn't like me I love the holidays. I love decorating the tree Thanksgiving Weekend, and putting on the Christmas music while we do it. I don't know for some reason I have had a harder time having Kent being deployed during the holidays. I know I should be use to it right? I have done it many times before but for some reason the more he is gone the harder it has become. People ask me if deployments get easier and I use to think yes it does but I have come to realize they just get harder and more stressful on me and the kids. The older the kids get the more they realize their dad isn't around for all the important events in their lives. I do have the best kids who understand what their dad is doing is important and he is making a difference. That makes it easier for them. My oldest is a sweet heart;he told me he wished he could give me dad home for Christmas and he wouldn't need anything from Santa Clause. What a brave and smart boy who already knows the meaning of Christmas.
Since I have been feeling sorry for myself and like I said not really wanting to decorate for the holidays my friend who's husband is deployed as well came to my house and her and her kids helped us get our house ready for the holidays. It just what I needed. It's always nice to have someone know exactly what your going through and know how to help you.
My ward has been awesome not a Sunday goes by that someone doesn't come up and ask how Kent is doing or someone out of the blue shows up at my door asking if I need something done. Most of the time I don't need anything but it's nice to know that people are willing to go out of their way to help. A lady in my ward called about a week ago asking if I will sing the alto part in a group of six of us for the Relief Society Christmas Dinner. You know I'd never heard the song before but once I did it really help me realize what Christmas is all about. I think I always forget how the Lord is mindful of me; even when I know people have it alot harder then me. How he seems to place people in your life right when you need it.
Thanks to everyone for all of your continued support and I am finally in the Christmas spirit it just took me a little bit longer this year. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
yay, glad you're feeling the spirit of the season now. :) it's all about Christ and giving and that will always make you feel better when you focus on those things huh?
ReplyDeleteI love how honest you are in your posts, instead of putting down what you think others might want to read. You aren't alone in having a hard time this year. Except I had the Christmas spirit, then kind of lost it for different reasons. But when Christ comes into the picture, it always brightens things up, and kicks the spirit back in. :) Hope you have a great Holiday and get to hear from Kent a lot!! Merry Christmas!!!!
ReplyDelete