Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Christmas Time.

I can not believe it is almost Christmas time. Where did the year go? I love this time of year. I love getting ready for the holidays and all the fun little projects that go along with it. Most of all I love that Kent gets to be around for the holidays. Logan was asking if dad will be around for Christmas and of course I said yes and his response was "That hardly ever happens." We are soaking it up and love being together this year. We feel very blessed.
Sorry, if these pictures seem boring but I am mainly doing it because this is like my journal.

We have been up to do doing projects to get ready for this season and it has been fun. Looking back I realize I really haven't gotten into the Christmas Spirit. We are making up for it this year.



I just liked this picture of Mark all bundled up to play in the snow.
The Stockings I made for the kids. As you can see I still need to put
Mark's name on his. Nothing fancy but it was fun and easy to do.

This project is my favorite if everything turns out. For Christmas Kent
and I are restoring my old doll house. One year for Christmas my
grandpa made all the granddaughters these doll houses. I loved playing
it. I just loved it. Fast forward many years later and while I was on my
mission my parents basement flooded and the doll house got damaged.
Not to bad that it can't be restored. For Christmas we are going to fix it
up and give it to Anya. Here are the before shots and you'll have to
wait until Christmas to see the after.






The Green Bear Logan is holding if a fun thing for the kids. After Logan
gets home from school, him and Anya hunt for the bear. And
attached to the bear with some activity for them to do. Like a
service project, coloring a picture or baking something, etc. You get the
picture. It's just a fun way for them to get into the Christmas Spirit.




Anya just wanted me to take her picture holding our count down.
Mackay Cousins might recognize the reindeer as a craft project we did
at one of the parties years ago.




Kent and Logan hanging the Christmas Lights. You can't see Logan he
was somewhere else on the roof.







Last but not least. Logan finally lost his first tooth. He has been waiting
along time.









2 comments:

  1. You're such a fun mom. I never ever remember to fill our one little advent calender with candy let alone hide a bear with a fun activity to do on it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you guys have been busy. I am glad Kent will be around for the Holidays as well enjoy them!!! Shirlyn

    ReplyDelete